2017 Chrysler Pacifica vs. 2017 Ford Explorer
2017 Chrysler Pacifica
2017 Ford Explorer
The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica has truly redefined the minivan. It’s fairly priced, delivers powerful performance, and provides generous interior room. Many SUVS, including the 2017 Ford Explorer, try to compete, but are definitely no match. Learn more about this amazing automobile and why it makes such a favorable impression compared to its competition. If you like what you see, visit Sorg CDJR for a test drive!
Trims and Pricing
There are five different trims available on either option, but the Chrysler Pacifica’s pricing is what really appeals to Elkhart families.
All five of the Pacifica trims have MSRPs that are well worth considering:
- 2017 Chrysler Pacifica LX: $28,595
- 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring: $30,495
- 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L: $34,495
- 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus: $37,895
- 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited: $42,495
Although the Ford Explorer also has five trims, they begin and end at higher MSRPs that don’t equate to more value:
- 2017 Ford Explorer: $31,660
- 2017 Ford Explorer XLT: $33,775
- 2017 Ford Explorer Limited: $41,675
- 2017 Ford Explorer Sport: $45,355
- 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum: $53,235
The Pacifica is ready to tackle any Goshen area terrain, which is why its core superbly supports everywhere you take it:
- 2017 Chrysler Pacifica: The 3.6L V6 engine delivers 287 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque, and works with the FWD nine-speed automatic transmission to form a powerhouse dynamic that makes the Pacifica a joy to handle. With hill start assist, electronic stability control with throttle control, and a variety of braking modes, you’re ready for whatever the weather brings.
- 2017 Ford Explorer: The Explorer’s core isn’t quite up to par with that of the Pacifica. Its 2.3L engine only produces 280 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque, and its 3.5L engine options, six-speed automatic transmission, and standard stability control system fail to create the velocity that it should have, especially as an SUV.
Distinctive interior features highlight the Pacifica’s supreme comfort:
- 2017 Chrysler Pacifica: Whether you’re running errands throughout Fort Wayne or have the family packed up for a road trip, there’s plenty of personal space. Each row three rows provide 59 inches, 64.8 inches, and 49.6 inches of hip room respectively, as well as 63.8 inches, 63 inches, and 61.2 inches of shoulder room respectively. You’ll get up to 140.5 cubic feet, 87.5 cubic feet, and 32.3 cubic feet of respective cargo space too. There’s also Stow n’ Go® second and third row seating and Easy Tilt seating for additional benefits. Thirteen-speaker Alpine® and twenty-speaker Harman Kardon® stereo upgrade options and the dual rear-seat Uconnect® Theater entertainment system keep everyone content for however long the drive is.
- 2017 Ford Explorer: It’s worth noting that the Explorer has much smaller interior dimensions. Hip room is 57.3 inches, 56.8 inches, and 40.7 inches for each respective row, and respective shoulder room is 61.5 inches, 61 inches, and 50.8 inches. There is 81.7 cubic feet, 43.9 cubic feet, and 21 cubic feet of space in each respective row. Entertainment options are limited to a twelve-speaker Sony® system.
Check Out the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica at Sorg CDJR
Experience the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica at Sorg CDJR to find out how perfect it is for you! Stop by our showroom Monday through Saturday at 1811 Elkhart Rd., Goshen, IN, or message us online. Don’t wait – take the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica home today!